In 1866, Gavriil Petrovich Grachev established a silversmith shop in St. Petersburg. His eight sons took over the business in 1873 and renamed it Grachev Brothers. The firm soon became famous for its fine jewellery and objets d'art. By 1897, the company employed 66 craftsmen. The 20th century saw continued success. In the 21st century, Grachev Brothers returns with a new collection inspired by the liveliness and spirit that it had when it first began in that St. Petersburg workshop.
1866 Gavriil Petrovich Grachev, a talented artist and visionary, establishes a silversmith shop in St. Petersburg and soon makes the house the most elevated among the Russian jewelers of his time.
1873 Gavriil’s eight sons Mikhail, Alexei, Grigorii, Simeon, Nikolai, Gavriil, Petr, and Ivan inherit the family business and begin using the name Grachev Brothers.
1886 Its reputation having spread internationally, Grachev Brothers is awarded a royal warrant of appointment to King Christian IX of Denmark.
1888 The firm is awarded a gold medal with a ribbon of St. Stanislav at the Nordic Exhibition of Industry, Agriculture, and Art in Copenhagen.
1892 The company becomes a purveyor to the Russian Imperial Court and is granted the Imperial Warrant.
1893 Grachev Brothers creations receive awards at the World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago.
1896 Grachev Brothers is awarded the Grand Prize State Emblem at the Pan-Russian Exhibition of Industry and the Arts in Nizhny Novgorod.
20th Century The Russian Imperial Court reaffirms the Imperial Warrant naming Grachev Brothers an official supplier to the Imperial Court.
21st Century Grachev Brothers creations can be found in the personal collections of such notables as Marjorie Merriweather Post and Queen Elizabeth II. Other items are on public display at galleries and museums including The Museum Collection in Moscow, The Chitra Collection in London, and The Royal Collection in London.